This Garlic Rosemary Roasted Chicken recipe turns a whole chicken into a tender, juicy treat! So, if you are looking for an easy recipe to roast a whole chicken, let Firstimefoods start making this dish to enjoy with family and friends!
1 roast chicken (5-6 pounds)
cooking spray olive or vegetable oil
3 tablespoons fresh rosemary
2 sprigs rosemary for garnish
7 cloves of garlic
1 tsp salt
Garlic, rosemary, and thyme are a flavorful and delicious combination of herbs that is sure to make your chicken taste amazing. Roasting the chicken with a little oil and garlic is a simple way to make a juicy, savory, and tender bird. These flavorful ingredients are also a great combination for chicken salad!
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC ROSEMARY ROASTED CHICKEN
- Step 1: First you need to preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Step 2: Then lightly coat the pan and rack with cooking spray.
- Step 3: Combine rosemary, garlic, and salt in a bowl.
- Step 4: Trim off the guts and neck of the chicken, removing any visible fat.
- Step 5: Starting from the neck cavity, gently loosen the chest skin and drumsticks; Spread the rosemary mixture evenly under the skin.
- Step 6: You tuck the tips of the wings under the chicken’s back; tie the ends of the legs together with twine.
- Step 7: Then add salt and black pepper, Place brisket on the pan.
- Step 8: To start grilling, spread the pan twice until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh (not touching the bone) reads 175°F, about 3/4 hour. Let stand for 10 minutes before engraving.
- Step 9: Finally, garnish with sprigs of rosemary and lemon, if desired.
NOTES FOR MAKING THE BEST QUALITY GARLIC ROSEMARY ROASTED CHICKEN
How to Keep Chicken Moist in the Oven The beauty of roast chicken is that it doesn’t dry out as quickly as other meats like turkey.
Look at the temperature I usually roast my chicken at a lower temperature (400 º Fahrenheit) rather than a high temperature like 425º Fahrenheit. This will take longer but will help the chicken cook more evenly.
If you want nice golden skin, you can lower the oven temperature even more if you want to keep the color nice
Always remember to check the temperature of the meat regularly throughout the process to achieve the best dish[wprm-recipe-snippet]
Special note: you should be careful not to overcook the chicken as this will cause it to dry out and lose its juicy tenderness.
The smell of garlic, rosemary, and thyme filled the house enough to make anyone drool. The ingredients for this delicious roast chicken are easy to find and can be found in most supermarket stores. This chicken dish has a light and fresh flavor that is perfect for family dinners or entertaining guests.