I remember camping as a kid with my family, and it was really cool. We got to cook over the campfire and swim in the lake, and make s’mores at night. Sadly on our roadtrip, we didn’t make s’mores even once when we camped. Maybe we’re getting old, but we just plain forgot that’s a camping thing to do. To make up for it, I thought about ways to make s’mores here at home, without a campfire, and was inspired to make s’mores cheesecake bites. Cheesecake is great, and everyone knows that s’mores are yummy in the tummy, so why not put the two together? Genius, I say.
Plus, if you take down the cupcake liners and dance them around each other, they look like little ballerinas! The hits just keep coming with these bad boys.
These little (or jumbo, in my case, since that’s the only size cupcake liners I had :)) bites are super cute, and a good recipe for entertaining and sharing with friends. In my case, I’ll bring them into the office to share with co-workers – desserts never last long in the work kitchen.
S’more Cheesecake Ballerina Bites
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 12 jumbo cupcake size, or 24 regular
- 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs (approximately 7 sheets)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 1/8 cup graham cracker crumbs (approximately 1 sheet)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush graham crackers into fine crumbs. You can do this by placing them in a ziplock bag and using a rolling pin, or in a food processor. 3. Blend crumbs with sugar and melted butter in a large bowl.
- Divide mixture evenly among 12 jumbo cupcake liners, or 24 regular sized. Press down to create a firm and even crust. Bake for 5 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese with sugar in a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg, mixing until just combined. Add a pinch of salt.
- Divide filling mixture evenly among cupcake liners. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until set. Cool completely in pan, then place into freezer for 30 minutes to chill.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave or on the stovetop. If using the microwave, heat in 15-second increments so as not to burn the chocolate.
- Crush last remaining graham cracker sheet into crumbs. Place in a small bowl.
- Dip marshmallows into melted chocolate, one by one, on each side of marshmallow. Dip one chocolate side of the marshmallow into the graham crumbs, and then place the chocolate side-down onto the top of the cheesecake.
- Marvel at how cute the s’mores cheesecake bites are, and enjoy!