Do you know how easy it is to make almond milk chocolate pudding from scratch? No? Well, I just made some the other day, and you should know that it is incredibly easy (only a few ingredients, with minimal whisking effort) and quick to make (10 minutes of actual work). It’s a perfect night-time snack, when you’ve got that chocolate craving.
While I still drink regular milk when it’s around, I’ve converted to almond milk as my go-to for cereal, so that’s what I buy most often. Except when Coconut-Almond milk is on sale. Have you tried it? It’s heavenly and oh so creamy tasting!
So, I made my chocolate pudding with vanilla almond milk, and it was good. You should try it yourself. Or use regular milk. It will still be good.
Almond Milk Chocolate Pudding
Almond milk chocolate pudding from scratch is easy-peasy! Make it with vanilla almond or regular milk. Either way it’s delicious.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 7 servings
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups milk (soy, almond, coconut, or cow’s)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a saucepan, whisk together cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and cornstarch, until there are no lumps. If you have a wire strainer, you can use this to strain the dry ingredients of any lumps.
- Stir in the milk and the vanilla, whisking constantly.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent it from boiling over.
- Turn the heat down to low and bring to a simmer. Pudding will start to thicken.
- Cover and cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter.
- Pour pudding into individual ramekins.
- If you don’t enjoy the ‘skin’ that forms as pudding cools, use plastic wrap to cover the pudding. Place the plastic wrap directly in touch with the pudding.
- Place pudding in the fridge for ~1 hour to thicken.
- Grab a spoon and enjoy!