We’re now entering the third year of FirstTimeFoods. This free online resource for both inexperienced and veteran cooks has been enthusiastically received by home chefs, bakers, and others in the blogging community.
We love the support of our advertisers! They make it possible to continue to provide this resource for free. Continually updating the feed of posts, including images, recipes, and events, requires a great deal of time and effort. We hope you will consider the value of this resource to the cooking and blogging communities, in addition to the excellent exposure that FirstTimeFoods provides your company when making your advertising selection below.
The advertising options give companies the opportunity to get the word out about themselves, new products and services, or their own events. Therefore, it really can become a mutually beneficial relationship!
Advertising insertion orders are now being accepted for FirstTimeFoods for Q3 of 2014. We offer many great relationship opportunities for advertisers:
Basic Direct Advertising – the advertiser can select from the available ad space real estate, currently:
(2) 120×600 Skyscrapers, above the fold. These two ad spaces are positioned to maximize the exposure of their content. The beauty of their side-by-side format is the opportunity to be creative when developing content for them. For example, if purchased together, each ad could hold carefully crafted graphics that seemingly travel ‘back and forth’ from one space to the other, certain to catch the eye of any reader on the site. These ad spaces can be purchased separately.
(1) 300×250 Medium Rectangle. This ad space is seen along side the latest posts (the fourth and fifth to be exact) on the main page, and on every other page that the sidebar loads, 95% of pages.
(1) 300×600 Large Skyscraper. This large ad space is seen along side the latest posts (the sixth, seventh and eighth to be exact) on the main page, and on every other page that the sidebar loads, 95% of pages. Its large size affords the opportunity for advertisers to send their biggest message through to our readers.
(1) 300×250 Medium Rectangle. This ad lives in each and every post, right between the recipe and the comments, prime reading real estate for many of our readers looking for the recipe itself, and to give their opinion on it.
If the Sponsorship options outlined below are too much of a commitment for your company now, consider the direct ad spaces above as a way of piecing together a campaign on our site. Purchase only those appropriate to your advertising budget until your market grows, and come back for one of the Sponsorship options. Keep in mind also that there’s nothing that says if we’re familiar with your product and love it, that we won’t mention it randomly ourselves! We love good stuff, plain and simple!
Basic Sponsorship – the advertiser has control of all of the “above the fold” (first view) ads of the website. In addition, a minimum of one (1) post per month within the current quarter shall include direct reference to the advertising company by complete preferred name, with a direct html link to the advertiser’s website.
Basic Sponsorship is meant to offer a great deal of attention on the website, but not meant to command total control or our full commitment of all of the ad space on the site. For our total commitment, you should consider Key Sponsorship, outlined below.
Key Sponsorship – the advertiser has control of all of the ads on the site: “above the fold”, sidebar and in-post ads alike. In addition, a minimum of three (3) posts per month within the current quarter shall include direct reference to the advertising company by complete preferred name, with a direct html link to the advertiser’s website.
This opportunity is meant to be a complete and total commitment on our part to your brand for the period of the three-month term. Because we do have our readers in the forefront of our minds, our goal will always be to give them a positive experience while on the site. This means that the advertising graphics your company provides must be integrated in a tasteful, un-obtrusive way. They are subject to our approval or disapproval based on content. This doesn’t mean your campaigns will go unnoticed. It means that our honest recommendation and description of your product will be the focus of Key Sponsorship. Before you advertise with us, we cannot guarantee that we will love your product, but if we do, we’ll let the world know! Our counsel of your work and company will then be integral to the content of the site and therefore will be at the forefront of the readers’ mind whenever they visit.
Other things to keep in mind:
– FirstTimeFoods is free to users. There is no password or charge for readers of any kind to gain access to the content on the site.
– Ads on FirstTimeFoods are dynamic – they can be linked to any electronic or print document. For example, your dynamic product ad can link directly to the part of your website that contains information specific to the latest product(s) you’re working on.
– Advertisement links can be changed during the course of the term. The advertising schedule is quarterly: January-March, April-June, July-September, and October-December. Just send us updates or revisions to your linked information and we will post the changes. This timeframe provides a 90-day opportunity to tailor your message directly to bakers, home chefs, moms and dads, families, etc.
Feel free to contact us to speak about your campaigns any time.
— Mr. & Mrs. Smith